Director of Media
Tailwind, a division of Audacious Studios, is looking for a Director of Media to join our busy team of growth marketers. The Director of Media will be tasked with leading and innovating our paid media team and expertise. The selected candidate will work in partnership with our Director of Search, Business Intelligence Manager and Managing Director and will play a major role in the next phase of growth in our organization. The role is highly autonomous and is responsible for driving paid media growth for our organization and clients. The position is remote and is not required to come into a physical office, although we do try to meet in person from time to time!
Tailwind is looking for a Director of Media to play a role in leading our highly collaborative team and interfacing with our clients. We are looking for a person that is passionate about digital marketing, understands the nuances and is on the cutting edge of our fast paced industry. The perfect candidate will be an excellent mentor, positive and highly strategic in successfully tying our daily marketing activities to the business objectives of our clients.
We are highly possessive of our culture and the right candidate will align with our purpose to build positive impact and meaning. The core values we seek in employees are curiosity (an interest in exploring), empathy (seeking understanding and clarity through the lens of others with whom we work), genuineness (you live into who you are, you accept others for doing the same and you finish what you commit to doing) and a keen mind looking to always grow and learn. We have a lot of fun together and have created a space for individuals to come and be themselves.
We have a proven track record of success in partnership with our clients and are looking for an individual of the same caliber that cares deeply about driving results.
The responsibilities of this position are:
- Lead strategic and forward thinking digital strategies for our clients.
- Develop and share expertise and knowledge of relevant verticals and maintain a deep understanding of our clients and their competitors.
- Collaborate with our Senior Media Analysts and Media Analysts on successful digital programs.
- Ensure quality of work produced is in line with client expectations and ensure we are developing proactive and strategic insights that always provide the “so what.”
- Think quickly on your feet and answer questions that are thrown our way, often on the spot in online or in-person meetings.
- Mentor the team and provide an intentional focus on their growth, development and happiness. Develop, mentor, motivate and manage the paid team, maximizing talent and making sure work stays sharp and is something we are proud of.
- Develop internal and external training programs for paid media.
- Hold the accountability for performance and keep the team accountable in achieving top results.
- Present to clients, often leading the conversation around strategy and rationale for decisions made.
- Drive the paid strategy for business development and be involved in the pitch process from start to finish.
- Willingly roll up sleeves alongside the team.
- Maintain a strong ability to prioritize work and resources based on importance and timeliness. Timelines, budgets, and availability shift; we need someone who adapts quickly and can roll with the nature of the business.
- Maintain regular communication with our key stakeholders and build genuine rapport
- Bring consistency and excellence across all of our clients.
- Maintain in-platform knowledge for all channels and stay up-to-date on the latest updates and features.
Tailwind relies on Digital Media Analysts to interface with our clients AND manage campaigns day in and day out to budget and goal. Yes, we do paid search and online display campaigns, but we also manage online video placements and ad buys, social advertising, and complex behavioral targeting campaigns.
The Director of Media works hand in hand internally with our paid media team and externally with our clients in managing hundreds of thousands of marketing dollars. You ensure that our Analysts keep campaigns running successfully, responsibly and make proactive recommendations to make the team look like all-stars while they balance day-to-day client communication and account management. While tactics and implementations vary depending on the client, all are expected to perform the same functions.
Here are a few management responsibilities of the team:
- Daily optimization and goal achievement of paid media campaigns
- Campaign budget management and pacing
- Insight and analysis of campaign performance on scheduled and ad-hoc basis
- Utilizing programmatic ad buys and optimization tools to maximize media efficiency
- Tactical written and verbal communication with the client to complete daily tasks and dive into performance
In addition, you meet these minimum requirements:
- Five to seven years of digital paid media campaign management experience is a must. (Paid search, paid social, programmatic display and video, native, CTV, etc.)
- Is a strong leader who can manage multiple clients and projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (required)
- Proficient in digital collaboration and project management tools
- Proficient in running remote meetings via Google Meet, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Certified in Google Ads, Google Analytics (required)
- Previous experience in working with bid automation tools
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple campaigns, budgets and tasks.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills internally and with clients. You must make the complex simple.
- Strong account management skills to make sure tasks are delivered to clients with high quality and accuracy.
- Statistical and analytical competency.
- You’re a tactical implementer and know how to make big ideas come to life in small ways.
- Has an ability to look at any brand, project or challenge with a fresh point of view.
- Has experience of inspiring teams and ability to provide clear creative direction and useful feedback to produce powerful work from idea through execution that’s on time and budget.
- Has extensive experience working with and presenting to internal and external audiences at all levels including senior executives.
- Knows how to create and deliver compelling, persuasive presentations to key decision makers and to utilize subject matter experts on the team to deliver a cogent, cohesive “story.”
- Ability to “sell the invisible’” that is, to articulate to a client you are asking for significant funds that the plan you/your team propose is the best use of funds and will maximize return.
- Ability to provide strong rationale and reasoning behind all decisions, speaking in facts to back up your recommendations. At the same time, if you don’t know the answer, you are humble enough to admit as such and then do your research before responding in haste.
- Keen strategic media mind with an understanding of how digital media works, how it is most effective, how it pairs with other digital media and how digital media performs in an omnichannel landscape.
About The Pay
Salary depends on your experience. Tailwind is an equal employment opportunity employer that offers competitive salary, performance bonuses, health insurance benefits, 401(K) plus match, unlimited PTO, company-sponsored events, ongoing training and education, and really rad coworkers.
Ready To Apply
Is our team the right place for you? If this sounds like a fit, we can’t wait to meet you.
- Apply online through this LinkedIn listing and attach a cover letter and tailored resume to your application and tell us why you are the right fit.
- You can also apply via email! Just send the previously listed documents to email@example.com